EGYPTIAN NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR TRANSPORT
UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF
GENERAL AUTHORITY FOR DRY AND LAND PORTS
UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF
RIVER TRANSPORT AUTHORITY
Egypt embarking on a multibillion dollar investment plan to develop multimodal transportation in the country
Egypt’s mobility needs have far out weighed its development and as such there is a considerable demand for the upgrading and modernisation of its infrastructure in order to facilitate economic growth in the country. In the last 24 months, there has been significant investment into the transport sector in the country. August witnessed the inauguration of the Suez Canal expansion project which was completed in record time. In addition, a number of airport development projects, metro extensions, and numerous port expansion projects, improvement in road and rail networks are due to take place in the coming years.
The government in Egypt has also sought to capitalise on the country’s strategic geographic location as a gateway between Africa, Europe and Asia and has made a concerted effort to improve its transport infrastructure to facilitate the transport of freight which has traditionally been moved by Egypt's ailing road network. The freight business represents a significant opportunity for economic growth.
However there still remain significant challenges such as maintenance, safety, revenue management and finance that need to be overcome before Egypt can boast a truly multimodal modern transport system.
In light of these factors IQPC is organising the 2nd Annual Egypt Transport Infrastructure Summit to be held in Cairo from 26-28 January.
- Meet the transport stakeholders responsible for overseeing Egypt’s most ambitious infrastructure projects
- Hear detailed plans about Egypt’s future transportation projects to develop your business development strategies to take advantage of the opportunities they present
- Understand how the future infrastructure projects will be financed to identify if your bank or investment firm can be part of developing Egypt’s future
- Learn lessons from international transport professionals who will present case studies about how the delivered world class infrastructure
- Maximise the efficiency of your transportation system by understanding how to implement a comprehensive preventative maintenance strategy
- Discover the strategies employed to integrate different modes of transport to form a comprehensive multimodal transport network that will ease congestion and improve economic prosperity
- Reduce accidents and minimise fatalities by learning about the latest transport safety strategies and technologies
Who should attend?
- Transportation authorities and government ministries involved in the development of the country’s infrastructure
- Transport operators tasked with increasing capacities and efficiencies to increase their profitability
- Contractors that have the experience and capacity to deliver roads, rail, air and maritime infrastructure to world class standards under strict budgets and timeframes
- Investors and financiers that want to maximise the return on investment by investing in future transport projects
- Consultants with expertise in transportation that can project manage and oversee the construction of the countries mega infrastructure projects
- Suppliers with cost effective or innovative solutions that will facilitate the development of the countries mobility sector